Monday 16 March 2009

Remembrance

I’ve been feeling much too lazy lately; I’ve been feeling much too nostalgic lately… The bitterness of Summer’s end, the staleness of my current activities. The wait… always the wait. And in such a state, I look into my back pages and miss certain friends.
To one of them, while sipping Pu Ehr, I wrote these words…

……………

Oh my Cole,
My own particular Cole!
Such adorable garb,
From the Scottish pretence
Of a drunken lad.

And the Music,
And the Words,
And the Art
Of sharing and living
Bonded us from the start.

Time and toil
Have seen us part,
Then bring us together
For another walk
In timeless gardens and parks.

I miss your wit
And your marvellous spark,
But, as I knew from the start…
We’ll get together again
And share the most wonderful time.

……………

…”Ev'ry time we say goodbye
I die a little,
Ev'ry time we say goodbye
I wonder why a little,
Why the Gods above me
Who must be in the know
Think so little of me"...



A young Cole Porter on Lake Maxinkuckee in Culver City.

1 comment:

Tell me, darling...

Add to Technorati Favorites