Friday 29 January 2010

Heat

I am much to hot to even address you my pets...

Love,
Lady

........................................

Heat.
On barely clothed refusing to work moiself.
That evil green duck on the screen
Is waiting for me to return
And keep working after lunch.

There was no lunch.
I lied.
It´s too hot for me to eat.
And yesterday I heaved over the lovely pasta I dined.

I have no pool.
Oh, how I wish for a pool!
The crystalline chlorine filled waters
Of a large man made pond.

I feel trapped in my working room.
It is the only air conditioned room
In the whole house.
And it isn´t as cool as I would want.

A large bottle of water
Lies by my desk.
I have poured a million glasses,
I feel faint…
Heat.

........................................

4 comments:

  1. Perfectly rendered dramatic dialog. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una ducha a veces ayuda, ya va a pasar, en poco tiempo vas a estar extrañado el calor, asi somos.

    Beso

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gerry!

    Ya voy por el tercer verano seguido Lux! Y justo ayer estuvo unbearable...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, darling...

Add to Technorati Favorites