Monday 17 August 2009

Have you ever been afraid?



"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!"

...............

Have you ever been afraid?
Have you ever seen the unseen
Peaking from underneath the mattresses
In the death of night?

Has your mind ever fed
From increasing paranoia?
To think you will never escape it,
Yourself and the way that you are.

Have you asked forgone Gods
To aid you and give you safe passage
Through this hell we call Life?

I can answer yes to all.
I know damnation when I see it,
Well enough to know,
I am positively damned.

Uncanny recollections,
And distant echoes from faraway places…
Knowledge begets fear
And infinite respect.

A word to the wise,
Seeking freedom comes with the high price
Of losing your mind.

...............

A strong blend of Ginseng tea can help put away our ominous thoughts...
The image belongs to darklings favourite Hieronymus Bosch, and is called "Death of the Reprobate".

4 comments:

  1. Hola mirá no lo traduje porque lo que te quiero decir es que me gusta que hayas vuelto y que extrañaba tener que ir a un blog tan particular como el tuyo.
    Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jar of ginseng tea it is, then!!

    Je t'adore!

    Your Petite Grrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways -I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows.

    La quote de Socrates de hoy...Lo quiero mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im finding your blog rather interesting so far, thanks for finding mine, I just wanted to comment to tell you www.uptontea.com has a wonderful ginsing coated oolong tea with a hint of licorice root extract... I love most of the tea they sell... the Moroccan Mint makes a WONDERFUL iced tea, I like it hot as well...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me, darling...

Add to Technorati Favorites